It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:10 pm 

Hi, dear Chaotica support team :D

How do I go about beginning a totally new animation from the exact parameters of one of the frames of an already completed animation?

I mean for instance that having made a 1200 frames animation, how do I use frame 1199 as the starting point of an independent new one?
Because I tried saving the .chaos and .lyc under a new name, but when I open them it bring me back to the first frame of my old animation?

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance and long live Chaotica!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:30 am 

Not support team but well, maybe can help =)

When you make an animating and save a .chaos, it will save the whole animation, not a single frame. So when you save and open it, it will open the whole animation you just made.

Currently, there is no easy way to do what you want. I suggest opening 2 chaoticas side by side and replicating the exact parameters of the frame you want as a new non animated parameters.

PS: the .lyc saves the render in progress, not the parameters. You basically use it to be able to resume the render later on from the point where you stopped, not re-render it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:37 pm 

Hi and thanks for your support, "not-the-support-team" Tatasz :-D :clap:

I'd already figured the way you mentioned, was just wondering if there was a faster way of doing this.

Since there is none as of now, that couldconstitute an sexy new feature in versions to come (if there are any?)

What I did not know, though, was the exact purpose of the .lyc file, I mistakenly thought it saved some part of the parameters. So thanks again for the info.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:29 pm 

I think you should mail support:support@glaretechnologies.com
Last time someone of the devs visited this forum was like 2 months ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

tatasz wrote:
I think you should mail support:support@glaretechnologies.com
Last time someone of the devs visited this forum was like 2 months ago.

Just because I'm not logged in doesn't mean I'm not visiting the forum :) Thanks for your help in answering, meanwhile.

@Entropy60, as you've noticed the animation editing support is very basic in the current version of Chaotica, unfortunately. It is indeed a top priority for future versions.

Probably the best way to go about this would be to render out several animation clips, and then combine them in a video editing application. e.g. After Effects (but Blender also has quite decent animation editing support and is free).

Offline Profile