It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:46 am 

I am using the Studio v2 and I am interested in exporting the depth map for each frame using a gray-scale (from 255.255.255 to be the closest to the camera and 0.0.0 to be the furthest) so that I can use it to drive a 3D mesh animation with the flame projected on the mesh surface.
Would something like that be doable?

Otherwise how about direct integration with SideFX Houdini or Newtek Lightwave 3D?

Thank you for this great application!
Best,
Gregory

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:31 am 

It could be epic if this could be implemented not only as separate output file, but also as combined RAW file that adobe lightroom could read

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:18 pm 

gkarydis wrote:
I am using the Studio v2 and I am interested in exporting the depth map for each frame using a gray-scale (from 255.255.255 to be the closest to the camera and 0.0.0 to be the furthest) so that I can use it to drive a 3D mesh animation with the flame projected on the mesh surface.
Would something like that be doable?

Otherwise how about direct integration with SideFX Houdini or Newtek Lightwave 3D?

Thank you for this great application!
Best,
Gregory

integration in 3d package would pointless. the key thing the fractals as math operation's thats why its so fast. you can do 3d fractals in houdini anyway. it would be cool to get a indigo render plugin for houdini to render the "3d fractals" is proper way, currently you have export the fractals to blender --> indigo-renderer or use arnold/redshift inside houdini.

Offline Profile